Effective Date: November 30, 2016 Please read this entire privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) carefully before using any portion of the Bunzl Processor Distribution, LLC’s (“BUNZL”, “our”, “us” or “we”) website accessible at https://www.bunzlpd.com/ (“Site”) because it will help you understand what data we collect, how we use and share it, and what your choices are with respect to that data. By using the Site, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Through your use of the Site, we may collect information from you which can be used to identify a person (“Personal Information”). The types of Personal Information that we may collect while you use the Site are described in this section.
Personal InformationYou Voluntarily Provide Us We might collect Personal Information from you if you choose to provide it in various circumstances while accessing and using our Site, including, during registration for a product or service, in response to questionnaires and during other interactions with us. These types of Personal Information including without limitation:
• Your name, email, username, phone number, company and address, (“Contact Information”);
• Your credit card number, billing address, shipping address, security code and other payment transaction and verification details (“Payment Information”); and
• Your job function, annual income, and home ownership status.
Information That May Be Collected By BUNZL Site TechnologyWhen you visit the Site and during your interactions with the Site, we may collect Non-Personal Information from you. Certain Non-Personal Information may be collected on an aggregated, anonymous basis through web server logs, cookies (a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies), ad servers, tracking pixels, web beacons, and similar Internet tracking devices. “Non-Personal Information” means a data element or collection of data elements that by itself cannot ordinarily be associated with a specific individual; it includes by way of example but not limited to:
• Pages and products viewed, items added to your shopping cart, the amount of time spent on various portions of the Site, the length and dates of your visits to the Site, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol address and device information; and
• Your mobile OS, a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifiers.
Personal Information or Non-Personal Information Collected From Third PartiesWe may collect your Personal Information or Non-Personal Information from third parties in several ways. We will apply our Privacy Notice to any Personal Information received from a third party, unless we have disclosed to you otherwise. BUNZL is not responsible for these third parties’ dissemination of your Personal Information. Examples of this type of collection include:
• Your email address and other collected Personal Information about you may be forwarded to BUNZL by a third-party website when you request for BUNZL to contact you through such third-party website;
• Your Personal Information may be forwarded to BUNZL when you choose to participate in a third-party application or feature, such as live chat, one of our social media pages or a similar application or feature on a third-party website;
• Additional Personal Information may be forwarded to BUNZL from third parties to combine with the Personal Information we collect through your use of the Site in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to focus content we provide to you and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you based upon the information we have collected; or
• We may collect publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service, for shipping address verification.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATIONWe use your information, including your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to provide you with the products or services you have requested, improve our Site, market our products, and make note of your preferences in order to provide the best user experience possible. The purposes of our usage are described in this section.
Use of Personal InformationWe will not use or disclose your Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with applicable law or this Privacy Notice. We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• Purchases. We may use your Contact Information and Payment Information to allow us to process and fulfill purchases you make through the Site.
• Customer Service. We may use your Contact Information to receive and respond to your questions about products, services or warranties and to communicate with you about contests, surveys or sweepstakes. To address your questions, we may also request your industry and/or the name and address of the dealer that sold you our product.
• Feedback. We may use your username, email address, products purchased, and other user-generated content you may provide when you rate and review our products.
• Website Registration. We may use your Contact Information when you create an account through our Site in order to provide you with a more personalized user experience.
• Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to determine what products may be of interest to you, provide you with marketing communications (unless you have opted out of such communications) and to conduct market research. We may also use information you provide us, including your industry, whether you own our product, experience with our products, and user-generated content, for these marketing purposes.
• Location-Based Services. We may use your current location, provided address and/or zip code to give you the nearest location of a retailer of our products or other appropriate contact information.
• Other Usage. We may also use your Personal Information in other ways that are consistent with the above-described purposes and to otherwise administer our websites and provide our services to you.
Use of Non-Personal InformationWe use Non-Personal Information to provide you with a more personalized user experience, and to target marketing and advertising to you. The collected Non-Personal Information is used for purposes including without limitation:
• To make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your shopping cart between visits);
• To remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
• To help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently;
• To provide you with information on other products and services that may be of interest to you; and
• To study outcomes, costs, and user profiles. These studies may generate Aggregate Data which we may utilize for a variety of purposes. “Aggregate Data” is summary level data, such as the number of web visitors in a specific geographic area.
We may use different kinds of cookies including:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of website visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or region).
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Disclosure of Personal InformationUnder limited circumstances, we may share your Personal Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of BUNZL as described below.
• Affiliates and Third Parties. We may share your Personal Information with BUNZL’s affiliates and other companies worldwide. By accessing our websites, registering for an account or service with us, or otherwise providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer of your Personal Information worldwide as provided in this Privacy Notice. To choose to opt out of such disclosures, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-816-448-4300
• Site Providers. We may share your Personal Information with affiliated and unaffiliated companies that perform tasks on our behalf related to our business. Such tasks include processing payments, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, locational services, analyzing website or mobile application usage data, customer services, electronic and postal mail services, contests/surveys/sweepstakes administration, marketing services, social commerce and media services (e.g., Facebook, ratings, reviews, forums), and calculating, managing and reporting sales tax. Third-party service providers receive your Personal Information as necessary to perform their role, and we instruct them not to use your Personal Information for any other purposes.
• As Required or Appropriate by Law. We will use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, including without limitation:
o Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal processes and to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
o To enforce our terms and conditions, including investigations of potential violations thereof;
o To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
o To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy brands, stores, subsidiaries or business units. We may share and/or transfer your Personal Information with a third party in such transactions (including without limitation, any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets). Customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, but remains subject to any preexisting applicable Privacy Notice.
• Based on Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Personal Information at your direction.
Disclosure of Non-Personal InformationWe may disclose Non-Personal Information as follows:
• We may share Non-Personal Information with our affiliated companies, third parties who provide services to us (such as publishers, advertisers or connected websites), and other parties that you have authorized.
• We may disclose Aggregate Data to other companies or organizations for any legitimate business purpose.
• We may disclose products and services developed using the Non-Personal Information, including products and services that disclose anonymous and/or de-identified service data for any legitimate business purpose.
SECURITYWe maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information, including assuring that third-party service providers who access or handle Personal Information on our behalf and affiliates maintain such safeguards. We seek to encrypt credit card numbers in e-commerce transactions conducted on our website using secure socket layer technology. However, no method of internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure or error-free, so it is not possible to guarantee absolute security. You must protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Where we have given you or you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain portions of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICESThe section below will provide you with background information and options on how you can control the use of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information on our Site.
Correct/Update Your Personal InformationYou can correct or update your Personal Information at any by:
• Via the telephone at 1-800-456-5624: Call customer service to update your Personal Information.
Privacy InquiriesIf you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please write to us by mail at 528 E. 19th Ave, North Kansas City, MO 64116, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-816-448-4300
Choice Regarding CookiesThe options/settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. At the beginning of each of your visits to our websites, the website also provides the ability to turn off all non-strictly necessary cookies for the BUNZL websites during that visit. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of our websites’ features.
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common internet browsers are provided at the links below for your convenience. However, we are not in control of the location of the instructions and information provided by the browsers below and, therefore, you may have to locate the particular instructions and information for the respective browser if these links are no longer current:
• Internet Explorer 7 and 8
• Google Chrome
• Apple Safari
We also allow third parties, such as Google® Analytics and Magento® to place cookies on your device through the Site to:
• Help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently;
• More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you;
• Obtain your feedback on our products and the services; and
• Allow you to engage in our social media offerings (e.g., clicking the “Like” button on our website).
The use of third-party cookies is not covered by our Privacy Notice. We do not have access or control over these cookies. If you continue to use our websites, we will assume you agree to the use of these cookies. You may visit the third-party links to opt out of their tracking and learn about their privacy practices. However, we are not in control of the location of the instructions and information provided by the third parties below and, therefore, you may have to locate the particular instructions and information for the respective third party if these links are no longer current.
• Google Analytics
o To opt out, please download and install the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” by clicking here.
Although not all cookies and similar technologies that we use are required for you to use the Site, disabling these technologies altogether could prevent the Site from working properly and disable features that allow you to take full advantage of the services we offer. You can generally opt out of receiving interest based advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here for NAI or here for DAA. When you opt out using these links, please note that you may still receive advertisements. They just will not be personalized based on your interests.
Do Not TrackSome internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals. However, we do provide choices about what BUNZL ads you receive through the opt-out links in the Cookies section above.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACYIn compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, our website does not permit children under 13 years of age to become users, and we do not intentionally collect information from children. By using our website, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
CHANGESWe may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check the “Effective Date” at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Unless otherwise noted, any changes we make to this Privacy Notice will become effective immediately once posted on this page. We will provide you with advance notice of a major change prior to your access of any portion of the Site for which registration is required. For example, we may include a notice on the Site viewable without login advising of the update to the Privacy Notice. Your continued use of the Site following any changes to this Privacy Notice indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency.|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|